See USD Resources
This information has beeb consolidated to the USD Resources page
This page lists content specifically focused on learning USD. This can include overviews, tutorials, or examples, for beginner to advanced audiences.
Overview / Core Concepts
- Book of USD: An introduction to core USD concepts from Remedy.
- USD Basics for Houdini Solaris: An introduction to USD from SideFX.
- Understand USD Fundamentals (video): An introduction to USD fundamentals from Apple.
- Universal Scene Description (OpenUSD) for Developers (video series): Introduces 4 key features of OpenUSD and breaks them down over the course of the video series.
- Working with USD (video): An introduction to USD with Apple platforms and frameworks, from Apple.
- What is USD (video): An introduction to USD concepts from Robin-Yann Storm. Assets used in the video are available here.
- openusd.org Tutorials: A series of tutorials covering core concepts like composition, layering, variants, and schemas.
- NVIDIA: USD Resources: The hub of USD developer resources from NVIDIA.
- NVIDIA: Getting Started with the Basics of OpenUSD Authoring and Querying: An in-depth course on how to programmatically author and query USD data.
- NVIDIA: USD Developer Guided Learning: Learning paths, courses, coding tutorials, and video tutorials teaching USD for developers.
- USD Code Samples: Short code snippets demonstrating common tasks and features of USD.
- USD Cookbook: A set of projects and tutorials by Colin Kennedy that highlight core and advanced USD features.